Starting in 2017, the following rules will apply to Register B horses and Non-Erkend Studbook horses wanting to participate in keurings:
Register B horses CAN:
- Participate in keurings
- Earn IBOP, Sport, PROK, D-OC, Preferent or Prestatie predicates
- Earn Ribbons of Participation at keuring
- Get evaluated with a linear scoresheet (3+ years old)
- Get oral evaluation (foal inspection-2 years)
- Mares with studbook quality (50 conformation/50 movement) foals can be Reg A as long as sired by KWPN approved or Erkend STB stallions
Register B horses CANNOT:
- Move into Foalbook or STB
- Receive Ster or Keur
- Be presented for stallion Licensing or Advice classes
- Be branded
- Receive Top Fives or Keuring Championship awards
- Receive premium ribbons
Horses from Non-Erkend Studbooks
- Must have 3 generations Dutch in pedigree (must send pedigree in for approval before keuring)
- Canadian Warmblood, American Warmblood, RPSI, ISR/Old, ADHHA, etc.
- Must be parentage verified via DNA
- Will have pedigree stamped with new KWPN status if approved
- Cannot be branded
- Can qualify for Top Fives, Keuring Championships, Ster, Keur, Elite, Sport, PROK, D-OC, Preferent, Prestatie
- Stallions can go for Advice or Licensing only after pre-approval with Stallion Committee
- Sire must be KWPN Approved/Erkend or approved with Erkend Studbook.
- Dam’s lineage will determine if foals from inspected horse will be Register A or Foalbook.
Questions regarding these rule changes can be directed at the office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please check back on the website and Facebook page for any updates or changes as we get closer to keuring season.